Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Interview : Magazine Interview & Article: Kawanku #73/2010 (Indonesia) - Bill Kaulitz: "I Believe in True Love"




COVER STORY


Kawanku #73/2010 - 1 Kawanku #73/2010 - 2 Kawanku #73/2010 - 3

Bill Kaulitz: "I Believe in True Love"

Beautiful face, cool style, good at singing, and romantic. That's why W melted when meeting him.

When did you start playing music?
Tom and I have been playing music for a long time. We started writing songs when we were 7 years old, and not long after we started to perform in small stages, private parties, weddings, little city parties, and those sort of events. (picture insertion: 16 years old Bill and Tom)

Is there any band or singer who inspires you when writing songs?
It's hard to name one band or singer because I listen to many kinds of music. I never have a role model, but like to listen to David Bowie, Placebo, Coldplay, and Stereophonics. I'd like to be able to make something musically with my idols, David Bowie and Steven Taylor (Aerosmith's vocalist).

Is it hard to sing in English while you were born and stay in Germany?
This is the biggest challenge for me and the others. It was emotionally a big step doing an album in English because we always did music in German. I was always writing lyrics in German, singing in German, so this is a big step for me. I'm a big perfectionist. I often went to studio because I want our song to sound good, I don't want to sound like a German trying to sing in English, I want to sound native.

You have a cool style that people like to talk about. Have you ever thought that Adam lambert's style is close to yours?
People have told me about that. I don't know, I'm not sure. I haven't seen older pictures of him, ha ha ha. I don't know his older style, so I don't know if he copy mine or not. Maybe he just likes to wear make-up all the time like I do.

Do you apply your own make-up on your own everytime you want to perform?
Sometimes I do myself, sometimes I get some help. I started to wear make-up and color my hair when I was 10 years old, so I can do that by myself.

Who inspires you to get that unique hair?
Uhmm... I don't know where the inspiration comes from. I don't have a role model or something, It just came out of me, so I don't know. I don't need much time to style my hair like this, I style my hair, everyday, with a bit of hairspray for around 15 minutes.

How about your tattoos? What inspires them?
I have 3 tattoos. This one in my hand is a writing: Freiheit 89. Freiheit means freedom, and 89 is the year I was born in. I made this tattoo when I was 18 years old, because in Germany, at 18, we're free to do anything. This tattoo on my neck is a Tokio Hotel logo, and I have 1 long tattoo on the side of my stomach, but I can't tell you the meaning, because it's in German language. And it's like a personal thing, I can't explain in English. (picture insertion: Bill's 4th tattoo which meaning has been kept secret; Bill on Star Search; Bill Schrei era; Bill on GQ)

If you're not a band vocalist, what would you become?
I've never want to be anything else besides to become a singer. Can you imagine me behind a counter in a bank? No, me neither. And, actually my gift is only singing and that's my strength. So, there was no other way for me than this one!

If there would be something that you can wear for a lifetime, what would you choose?
I think I would have a long hair like I had for the last record. A hair long enough it can be made-up into various styles. So, I choose a very long hair.

People would be surprised that you are?
I'm a family guy. i think, the best birthday present I ever got was born 10 minutes before I was.

By the way, what type of guy you are?
I'm very romantic. I really believe in true love, a love that you only find once in a lifetime, if you have the chance. Because, I think that many people never find it, which is very sad. But, I'm not a guy who flirts easily with girls. I believe that there's somebody out there for me. I'm still searching.

Would you date a fan?
Why not? I always think that would be great because they live this life with us and really know what we are doing.

MORE FACTS:
- Bill and Tom, his twin, don't have middle names.
- When little, Bill fell in love with a German singer named Nena.
- Bill has tremendous love to jackets. He has hundreds in his closet, most are self-designed.
- Bill likes pepermint tea.
- Bill's mother is a freelance tailor.
- One of Bill's favorite TV series is Prison Break.
- Bill and Tom are vegetarian!



= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 


ON THE SPOT


Kawanku #73/2010 - 4 Kawanku #73/2010 - 5 Kawanku #73/2010 - 6

Tokio Hotel Rocks The Night!

Tokio Hotel succeeded in making thousands of fans from Asia to Australia who all gathered in Kuala Lumpur, and lost their voices after screaming hysterically.

Saturday night, on the 1st of May, hundreds of Tokio Hotel fans from several countries gathered as one at Central Park Avenue, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. No one could wait to see the 4 gorgeous German boys on stage. Even before noon, before the concert, they had the time to meet Bill Kaulitz and friends at a Signing Session, but they still waited faithfully for hours for Tokio hotel’s appearance.

Busy Screaming
From 4 o’clock in the afternoon, fans were already waiting to get into the venue that was behind 1 Utama Shopping Center, even though Tokio Hotel’s appearance would be at 9 PM, even the gates weren’t open till 6 PM. In the middle of waiting in line, it started to rain, but that didn’t make anyone leave the line. All they did was get out their umbrellas and keep waiting, while screaming the names of Tokio Hotel members. What’s funny was that when the people in he front started to scream, the fans at the back started to scream too without even knowing what was going on up front. How compact!

Having Fun
After two local bands played, Pop Shuvit and Bunkface, fans immediately got enthusiastic again calling out the names of the band. For 15 minutes of the Tokio hotel crew checking their instruments, all that was heard was “Ich liebe dich Tokio Hotel!”, “Tokio Hotel, we love you!”, “Bill Kaulitz, I love you!”. Aaaand, finally, at exactly 9.15 PM, suddenly Tom, Georg and Gustav appeared on stage, followed by Bill who went straight into the first song from Humanoid, Noise. It was a win-win deal for Tokio hotel to play their most reliable songs. After the third song, Bill finally acknowledged the audience. “Thank you so much for coming out! Let’s make some noise with us!” that’s what Bill said in his all-black attire.

Love Causing Hysteria
A few times Tokio Hotel went on and off the stage, Bill and Tom loved making the fans go hysteric. They often went to the edge of the stage as close as possible to the fans. Not only is he attractive, Bill is also quite attentive. After singing Automatic, he threw his water bottle into the audience, who were still jumping and singing along the whole duration Tokio Hotel were on stage. After their tenth song, called Forever Now, Bill and friends ended the show while saying “Thank you so much!”. The audience kept screaming “We want more!” over and over. Their screams were proven effective. Not long after that, Tokio hotel were back up on stage singing Monsoon. “See you next time, everyone!” said Bill as he ended he show again. But the fans weren’t sad yet, since after the showcase, there was a meet and greet session for some lucky fans. Wanna know how? Follow W’s story and other fans who met Tokio Hotel.

Translation: Jade Alicia & Chunva | Scan: Chunva for tokiohotelindo.ning.com
Credit: Isma and Abi from kaWanku magazine



SOURCE
Thanks to TH_Indonesia (Twitter)



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment